Relative Freshness

Post questions and tips on making your stretches or your whole flexibility training most effective.

Relative Freshness

Postby REG » Feb 06, 2011 19:46

In Mr. Kurz's article and Science of Sports Training, Mr. Kurz states "one can start with the more difficult static active stretches that require relative freshness. For taekwondo fighters these may be slow-motion high kicks or holding the kicking leg in the high chamber position needed for multiple kicks." I have read and re-read both of Mr. Kurz's books, Stretching Scientifically and the Science of Sports Training, many times thoroughly, but I still don't understand what does "relative freshness" mean? Also, why can't I do static active stretches after isometric stretches? Furthermore, I know that both of the books mention that I can do static passive stretches and dynamic stretches everyday, yet they say that I should only do isometric stretches for only 3-4 times per week at the very most. What about static active stretches though, is it okay to them everyday? Please help me clarify all this for me!
REG

Return to How to Stretch for Full Flexibility with No Warm-Up